Head of Conservation Learning & Development (Jersey)
- To lead the Conservation Learning Team in the provision of innovative and engaging teaching and learning initiatives, including public connectedness to nature activities and events, exhibit and interpretive design and formal/informal education programmes for schools and university students.
- To support the development of conservation learning activities, at Durrell rewilding sites globally.
- To lead Durrell’s capacity-building programmes internationally including projects to enhance institutional effectiveness within Durrell itself.
- To work collaboratively in cross-disciplinary teams, in particular the Senior Management Team and others, to deliver the Durrell Strategy, 2017-2025, Rewilding our World.
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level, with a focus on Zoology/Wildlife conservation and public communication;
- Teaching qualification;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing a teaching and learning environment in a wildlife/nature/living collection/museum environment;
- Understand financial information and proven ability to manage projects and budgets;
- Experience of interpreting and operationalising strategy;
- Understanding of the application of models of behaviour change and associated visitor research;
- Experience in interpretive and exhibit development and evaluation;
- Proven management capability and ability to lead and motivate a team;
- Enthusiastic and energetic with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to juggle a complex workload and meet deadlines;
- Experience as a professional conservation trainer and facilitator;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial;
- Commitment to be part of a team taking Durrell to a new level of reputation, profile and conservation impact;
- Post will require a DBS check.
- Experience in working in the not for profit sector and in writing and applying for grants;
- Current driving licence;
- An understanding of fundraising, in particular within the non-profit sector;
- Capacity for the analysis and understanding of financial based information e.g. budgets and annual accounts.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your updated CV, completed application form and cover letter to email@example.com.
A full job description that explains the role is available at http://wildlife.durrell.org/home/work-at-durrell/head-of-conservation-learning–development-jersey/
Closing date for applications: Monday, 25th September 2017.
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust – Saving species from extinction.